Monday 3 August 2009

Knitwits Yarns knitwitspenzance.co.uk

I've been cooking on gas today - got up early (couldn't sleep - not sure a knitting blog is the place to talk about the dreaded "night sweats" but, take a tip from me, if you're suffering from the sweats it's much easier to knit with pure wool than squeaky acrylic - trust me, on this one I know what I'm talking about. And for those of you who think I might be a little young for "night sweats" - bless you all but I've been assured they can start any time after 40). But I digress (just for a change, I know) - got up early, tackled the paperwork, finished today's allocated pile of paperwork, completed final insurance claim for the Barn fire (back in March - can you believe it?), answered a million phone calls and then I came into the shop.

It's raining again - just for a change - so we've been busy and met some really lovely holidaymakers. I'm planning to knit with my giant needles on Saturday (weather permitting) and one nice lady said she'll come and bring me a cake and a cup of tea and her knitting and knit with me so, if you're reading this - I'm holding you to that promise, nice lady.

I've ordered more sock wool and have just finished the pattern for the Wool Britannia blanket so it's now available in store and online (as they say in all the best adverts). Just a reminder:



Tracey rattled it up in about 2 days - what a star that girl is!




T has gone to rugby training in Truro tonight so I'm in charge of food. As I was "on fire" this morning, I'm now flagging so I'm thinking something really sophisticated like bangers and mash - followed by knitting with beads - yum!

1 comment:

  1. Ooooh! When and where are you knitting? A Saturday afternoon in Penzance may just be on the cards- have to confer with mr beest on that one, first. I am planning to come round to your shop this week, to check if there is anything I can use for the borders/hems of a jumper I made and I would love to use the Cornish Organic if the colours work out...

    ReplyDelete