Monday 2 March 2009

I can't believe it's been over a week since my last post. I haven't been sitting around doing nothing - honest. On the site I've uploaded our new yarn from Lang - Mille Colori. We've had this in the shop before and it sold really well so I thought we'd get in some of the new colours which I saw in Birmingham. It's a standard chunky but feels really light so it's not thick and heavy at all and the colours are fantastic. Tracey is currently knitting a Stylecraft pattern for me in Mille Colori so I'll get the pictures uploaded as soon as she's finished it.

I spent Saturday uploading buttons - loads and loads of buttons. Check them out under "accessories". I hear from lots of people who come into the shop that nice buttons are really hard to come by so it's an area we'll be updating regularly. The only problem is it's a bit of a long winded affair as I choose the buttons, FB photographs and formats them, they then come back to me on a stick and I upload them (having first located their tube so I can get all the details). It's astonishing how long the whole thing takes so I hope you like our initial selection.

Today I've put on some Kon-Tiki patterns. Kon-Tiki is a cotton/acrylic mix from Stylecraft and it's incredibly popular. It's a standard DK and has enough "body" to hold cables well but is, in essence, a summer yarn. Apparently there are some new colours for this summer so I'll let you know when they arrive.

FB has quite a lot to photograph for me but the bulb in his super-duper photographic light has blown and, because of EU regulations on lightbulbs that aren't "long life" he's had to order a replacement on the net. I know long life bulbs are supposed to be better but there are times when you need the old fashioned type and it's extremely frustrating when you can't buy one locally but have to resort to the net. But then, I guess all of you without a local wool shop know how this feels!

In other news - I had a day off yesterday. Yes, folks, a whole day when I did no work at all. Almost the first day of this year when that's been the case - if I'm not careful I'll be having a whole weekend off soon! The boys went to rugby and I sat in bed and read a book - heaven - had a hot bubble bath - double heaven - made a few phone calls and caught up with a few people and then cooked by men their supper. Guy (eldest son) remarked that he was amazed I could remember how to cook - cheeky blighter. It has to be said that FB does do most of the cooking and he's really pretty good but I think they liked my effort and, you know, I quite enjoyed cooking it.

Tomorrow I have a Governors' meeting at school all day - yup, not only do I have a shop, a brand of wool and two boys, I'm also a Governor at their school. Ever heard the expression "if you want something done, ask a busy person ................?!".

No comments:

Post a Comment