Wednesday 6 January 2010

Katia

Knitwits Yarns knitwitspenzance.co.uk

We sell a lot of Katia yarns both in the shop and on-line and they are beautiful yarns with some gorgeous patterns and they are a really nice company to deal with. I had always been told by our English rep (Katia is a Spanish company) that we could photocopy the patterns from their books and sell them individually. This is what we've been doing for some time and is possibly one of the reasons we sell so much of their yarn!

However, yesterday I was contacted by Katia and told that what I was doing contravened their copyright and could I stop, please. This I have now done and all Katia patterns are now sold in book form at the correct book price.

I would like to take this opportunity to apologise to Katia for any misunderstanding and to customers who have been misled. Had I not been assured that it was OK, obviously I wouldn't have done it.

We will, obviously, continue to sell Katia yarns (they are too gorgeous not to) and hope that customers understand that you now have to buy the book of patterns - as with many other companies.

Apologies all round.


In happier news - we have 6" of snow this morning, school is cancelled - very happy boys, very confused chickens.

Will post photos later.

No comments:

Post a Comment