Wednesday 8 February 2012

Paper Chain Cowl

Knitwits Yarns knitwitspenzance.co.uk














At last, at last, at last I've finally got my latest design onto the site - my Paper Chain Cowl. The inspiration came from Christmas paper chains which we used to make as children (and, indeed, small children still do make them, which is reassuring). 8 different colours and 8 different stitches all linked together to make a bright, warm and cosy cowl - perfect for the current cold snap we're experiencing.

The great thing about is (apart from the fact that you get to practice lots of stitches and techniques) is that you can turn it round to suit whatever coat/jacket you're wearing. I would be lying if I said it was easy to design - getting the stitch numbers right was tricky in parts but I've now done all the hard work so you don't have to and the knitting part is really very straightforward. So - here are the 8 different chains:
















































































































and here is is worn (by me) on the balcony in Falmouth with a couple of different colour showing to give you an idea of the possibilities:










































I think it's fun and it's turned out exactly as I'd hoped - I hope you like it too.

The pattern is FREE when you buy the 8 balls of Debbie Bliss "Bella" to knit it and you can change the colours it's in if you'd like to.

No comments:

Post a Comment