Wednesday 18 January 2012

Ravelry and Azzurra

Knitwits Yarns knitwitspenzance.co.uk

Some of you may have noticed that one of my New Year's resolutions is slowly coming to fruition in that I've {finally} got myself sorted on Ravelry. (Really that should read, "I'm getting myself sorted on Ravelry - which would be more accurate.) For those of you who aren't on Ravelry it's a great online knitting resource for knitters and crafters around the world. The problem for me has been that it's a great time waster and - as one who has precious little time to waste - wasn't something I wanted to get stuck into before.

However, it is a great resource and, for that reason, I decided to get my act together. I guess it's something that - once you get used to it - it gets quicker and quicker but it took me all morning on Monday to get the Knit Wits group set up and all morning on Tuesday to input 3 finished projects! I have - as you can imagine - many more finished projects and wip's (works in progress) to upload, not to mention the books and magazines I own etc, etc.

Not sure how mad I'm going to go but - from a purely marketing exercise - it does link all my finished projects back to here s0 - if you're finding us for the first time - HELLO!!

My personal page is: juliaknitwits
and the shop group is: Knit Wits Penzance

I believe that - somehow by the magic of RSS - this blog post will automatically be listed on Ravelry - don't ask me how - as those of you who've been reading this for a while will know - I don't do technology. Knitting - yes, technology - no.

The other news is that new yarns are starting to arrive! Hooray!! First past the New Year post is Azzurra from Adriafil. This is a 70% wool, 30% acrylic 4ply yarn - perfect for socks, garments and wonderful fairisles! It's also at the amazing price of just £2.75 - which makes it a winner every way you look. Lovely colours too:















More new yarns coming soon - watch this space!

No comments:

Post a Comment