Monday 24 May 2010

Summer Knitting!

Knitwits Yarns knitwitspenzance.co.uk

Well, the good news is that - between us - we've appeased the weather gods and the sun has been shining down here in Pz for the entire weekend. Today there are some very, very pink people wandering around town. As a word of warning - if you ever come down to glorious Cornwall on holiday and you're lucky enough to see some sun, be aware that the sun is incredibly strong down here. My friend Hannah was out in the sun yesterday for 3 hours with factor 35 on and she's like a tomato today (her description, not mine!) and this is the same factor 35 that she used in Egypt and it was so strong she didn't tan at all. Also be aware that, even if the sun isn't shining brightly down here you can get burned - as my brother-in-law will testify - he burns every time he comes down here - even if it's cloudy!

We did 4 hours gardening yesterday and I slapped the cream on us all and I'm fine - boys all went cycling on Saturday so are, obviously, all pink - what is it with men hating sun tan cream?!!

So - having angered the weather gods for several days, I thought you'd like to see what I'm knitting. My strappy, little summer top is this one:


















taken from Debbie Bliss's Spring/Summer 2010 magazine - which you can find - here. I'm knitting it in King Cole Bamboo Cotton, which I am loving. Knitting it in this colour:


















Yup - good old bright, zingy, fuchsia pink! We've had a couple of customers who haven't liked the Bamboo Cotton so much - had problems with it twisting and splitting - but I'm knitting from the middle of the ball (as is my usual practice) and I've had no problems at all with either twisting or splitting. It's wonderfully soft yet crisp enough to show up the cables beautifully and I absolutely love it. In fact, I love it so much I can see me knitting something else in it straight away, which is unusual for me as I - partly - knit for customers to see different yarns so very, very rarely knit with the same yarn twice. This one is definitely going to be an exception though. The only question is going to be what to knit next with this gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous yarn (and, no, King Cole haven't paid me to say that).

Tonight I'll balance the weather-karma and knit pure wool socks.

1 comment:

  1. I think I balanced out the weather gods by knitting monogamously on the gansey :-) It was lovely weather, wasn't it? I'm back in Oxford and the heat today was unbearable without that little sea breeze. Chocolate in the office was left on the table while I was away and erm.... it seems to have been melted and set a few times as each morning I get a great deal of sunshine in! (it still tastes ok, just looks a bit funny).

    ReplyDelete