Thursday 30 December 2010

Christmas Knitting

Knitwits Yarns knitwitspenzance.co.uk

Having been hugely excited about a 4 day break over Christmas I seem to have spent most of my time up to my ears and eyeballs in wool. To clarify, I spent Boxing Day winding well over 100 skeins of wool into balls and then spent the next 2 days knitting them (and their 150 already winded friends) into a giant piece of knitting. At the moment I can't reveal what this is for as it's super duper top secret but I can give you a hint of the enormity and complexity of the problem:














After 2 days of this, I had a migraine, sore shoulders and aching hands. There had been tears, tantrums, much shouting and a fair bit of swearing along with some hysterical laughter and, ultimately, a huge feeling of satisfaction all round. This piece of knitting is BIG and weighs about 20kg. All will be revealed in due course.

In the meantime, I'm back to my Cornish Organic 4ply on 3.25mm needles, in front of the telly with a G&T - bliss.

(For the curious amongst you, yes, I'm wearing my 5ply Gansey in the picture - the school gym was damned cold)

No comments:

Post a Comment