Sunday 1 February 2009

D-Day minus 1 (or possibly 2)

Today (Sunday) I have spent a merry afternoon stock-taking all the patterns for this site. Oh yes, dear knitter, for this site to work and for you to order without getting a message saying "sorry, we've messed up - the yarn/pattern you've ordered is out of stock, despite the site saying to the contrary" - every pattern and ball of yarn has to be counted and entered into the site.

Never let it be said that I don't know how to have a good time on a Sunday afternoon.

Fortunately, the weather is vile so any thoughts of a stroll along the coastal path or a sandy beach were dismissed at about 5am when I thought the roof was going to blow off our house. One day I'll master entering photographs into this system (I can only cope with one thing at a time and entering words onto a blog is this weekend's new skill) and I'll show you how lucky I am to live in the beautiful place I do.

For now, I await the arrival of the FB to take me home for a stiff G&T and tomorrow I tackle the piles of paperwork engulfing my office which have been totally ignored in an effort to get my baby "live". My part of "launch" is nearly done - now it's over to FB & Thomas. If I emerge unscathed we'll re-group on launch day.

Incidentally, anyone looking for Rowan Classic patterns, Sirdar Organza patterns, Stylecraft Kon-Tiki patterns or Debbie Bliss's Summer Essentials book - these are my top priority once I've done the accounts, paid my bills and got the bank off my back - apologies - all women are super-women but sometimes some things just have to give.

No comments:

Post a Comment