Saturday 7 February 2009

By late Tuesday night we were definitely in labour and by late Wednesday our baby was born and I went to bed with a screaming migraine. Anyone else out there who suffers from migraine will now be groaning in sympathy - those of you fortunate enough not to suffer from this debilitating condition can just sympathise and try to empathise. I have now spent two days in a darkened room on monumental pain killers and am just about emerging into the light - albeit rather bruised and battered.

Thomas and the FB have tried to iron out the teething problems and there are still a few but we are live and kicking and our baby is well and happy.

It is now Saturday afternoon and there's the small matter of a rugby match on TV. You have to understand that I live in a household of sporty men and all life ceases when there's a rugby international on so I do apologise but, if I'm to be involved in any kind of conversation at supper tonight ............. I need to go and watch butch men in shorts getting muddy with odd shaped balls - a girl has to do what a girl has to do .................... we'll call it part of my healing process, shall we?

No comments:

Post a Comment