Monday 20 September 2010

Knitting and Walking

Knitwits Yarns knitwitspenzance.co.uk

Before we went for our weekly walk, FB and I took a few pics of knitted garments for the website. If you've spent any time looking at patterns on the site, you'll have noticed that - occasionally - there's a picture at the top of the garment featured in the pattern as we've knitted it. So, for example, Debbie Bliss has done a garment in Fez like this:



















and we've knitted it like this:














or Katia have done a top in Degrade like this:



















and we/I have knitted it in Samba like this:



















I always feel like a bit of a lemon when being photographed (I couldn't be a model for all the tea in China) but I think it does help to show the garments in lots of different ways.

The real surprise was this sweater:



















which I'd never even tried on before as it's done in this colour:



















which I thought was absolutely not my colour and something I'd never buy or wear and it turned out like this:














which FB thinks is his favourite jumper of them all!

After that we went for a walk. Straight from home and up the hill. This is the view from just above our house:














then along towards Greenbarrow Mine:














Look at these amazing colours:




























Past the Nine Maidens standing stones: (FB getting a bit artistic at this point)







and on to Mulfra Quoit:




























That huge stone I'm leaning against would have once sat on top of the others - if anyone can tell me how ancient man moved those giant lumps of granite, I'd love to know. View from the Quoit:














Then home via a lovely green lane:



















For the true knitters amongst you, the purple jacket I'm wearing is Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Astrakhan (now, sadly, discontinued).

Next week's walk is as much a mystery to us as it is to you - watch this space!

1 comment:

  1. You're making me homesick for Cornwall now!

    There are many theories about building these dolmen things- one of my favourites is that earth was piled up around the standing stones, so the capping stone could be rolled up (using tree trunks as rollers), placed on top, and then the soil could be removed for the monument to be revealed in its full glory. I don't know what the archaeological evidence is for that one.

    ReplyDelete