Friday 27 July 2012

Holiday - and Ravellenic - Knitting

Knitwits Yarns knitwitspenzance.co.uk

I don't know about you but I love long car journeys as they're always a good opportunity to catch up on some quality knitting.  I'm knitting Elizabeth Zimmerman's Baby Surprise Jacket (BSJ) for the baby on the farm where G is going to work in New Zealand and, with only about 10 rows to go, I thought the journey to Wales was the perfect opportunity to finish it.

I was using King Cole's Riot DK and had just finished the first ball so picked up the second from the shop and headed off.  As we got to the A30 I pulled it out and - shock horror - I'd picked up the wrong colour!  I am still bemused as to how I did that and, like an idiot, kept checking and checking and, yes, lo, it was still the wrong colour (I used "Cool" and I'd picked up "Fab"). 

The net result was a) no knitting in the car so total frustration, b) no finished BSJ so double-total frustration and c) spare second project in the boot of the car and a driver who refused to stop!

Lesson learnt: never put your spare project in the boot! (Or, indeed, always check your shade numbers!)

Last night I finally finished the BSJ:












sooo sweet!

And tonight we commence the Olympics and the Ravellenic Games.  I have wound this:


















into this:














and the ball looks really small, which is really, really worrying as it means the yarn is really, really fine and I have very little time to turn it into a shawl.  Yikes!  I may have over-extended myself here - but, hey, it's the Olympics and if they can do it, so can I!

Let the Games commence!!

No comments:

Post a Comment